Here are some important facts to consider…
- 91% of Parents want their Child to learn Computer Science (Source: 2016 Gallup Poll) yet most schools don’t teach it
- There are currently over 500,000 open computing jobs in the US and that number is expected to grow at twice the rate of all other jobs (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- Engineering and Computer science are the highest paying college degrees (Source: National Association of Colleges and Employers)
In my technology leadership roles, I’ve seen firsthand what kind of skills are needed to succeed. I’ve also seen the crisis brewing as far as finding technology talent – there just are not enough people to fill the open jobs and it will only get worse. I decided to create Techie Factory to combine two of my greatest passions – technology and teaching – and there are several things we are doing to ensure our learning experience is differentiated…
- The learning experience will be fun – so fun that kids don’t even know they are learning.
- Our summer camps and after school workshops are built around the best STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, Math) products in the business. We evaluated almost all of them and only picked the ones the kids enjoyed most.
- A state-of-the-art learning lab that is conveniently located in central Dallas and has plenty of parking for easy drop off / pick up.
- Our advisory team is made up of educators and leaders from the technology industry to ensure our curriculum stays relevant and engaging.
- We hand pick our instructors to ensure they love teaching. Every employee goes through a robust background check – our students safety and security is our #1 priority.
We are part of this community and you can bet our own kids will be attending Techie Factory. We are tired of them staring at the screen and now its time for them to start learning how to create and develop a growth mindset. I know if this will have them well positioned for the future with skills they can rely on their entire lives.
On behalf of my wife Leslie and I, we hope your children will enjoy Techie Factory as a destination to have fun, unleash creativity and to teach them that any idea can be brought to life through technology.