- Do you have any experience coaching Lego Robotics or participating in local FLL competitions ? If yes mention, the duration and details of your experience in Robotics.
- How many years or months of Game Design Experience do you have?
- Do you have any experience coaching eSports ? If yes mention, the duration and details of your experience in eSports.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Tutoring/Teaching, Coaching, Mentorship Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Training & development experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Learning Technology (Experience with Google Classroom, Seesaw, Online LMS systems etc): 1 year (Preferred)
- Robotics or Esports Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer/Hardware or Programming or Digital Skills: 1 year (Required) – Must be tech savvy and able to troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Digital Marketing and Social Media Skills (some experience/exposure will be a boost)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills is a must.
- Ability to effectively engage and manage medium classroom sizes and children with various instructional needs including special needs from ages 6-14 is absolutely necessary.
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
Do you have experience in technology, coding, robotics, game design, STEAM education or Esports? Are you a natural leader and love teaching? Then, make the best of your evenings as an impactful STEAM, Robotics, Coding or eSports coach at our Techie Factory franchise location in Mckinney, TX. You will interact, teach, supervise and learn together with our little campers (ages 6-14), and lead after school enrichment programs that may involve STEAM lessons, and technology projects, LEGO robotics, coding, game design, music, digital design, digital animation, video creation and esports coaching. If you love spending time with kids and enjoy sharing your tech expertise in meaningful ways, apply today! Send in your resume, cover letter and credentials tothe Techie Factory Frisco Email addressprovided in the application.
Why should you coach at Techie Factory ?
As a Techie Factory instructor, you will
- Add teaching and leadership experience to your resume.
- Put your technical, computer science and digital skills to use.
- Earn extra income and make the most of your free time during the summers, weekday evenings and weekends.
- Have exposure to our award-winning tech curriculum and pedagogy.
- Become a valued member of the TechieFactory Family.
- Have the opportunity to attend training programs in STEAM, Coding & Esports Coaching.
- Participate and organize fun STEAM community events.
Your responsibilities as a Techie Factory Coach will include the following:
- Teach and manage after-school enrichment programs between 3:30 PM to 7:00 PM on a few weekdays and few weekends.
- Get kids excited about learning concepts in Robotics, STEAM, Game design, and coding in a fun and engaging manner.
- Adapt the curriculum based on the child’s interests and track instructional goals to effectively engage learners.
- Maintain a structured, safe and healthy classroom environment.
- Understand Internet safety and safe behavior in the classroom. Encourage leadership and team building skills in the classroom.
- Execute fun STEAM experiments and projects within a short notice and make the overall learning experience interactive and positive.
- Apply out-of-the-box solutions to make the entire learning experience immersive and fun for all students.
- Help students complete their projects and provide extension or differentiation when required.
- Follow COVID protocols, procedures in the classroom and at all times within the building.
- Be responsible for classroom setup, software, and hardware setup, sign-in and sign-out procedures, cleanup, and snack distribution for students.
- Be a role model for your students, arrive on time every day with a positive, inclusive, professional, and upbeat attitude!
- Minimum age of 17 or older.
- Tech or Science Education, Esports, Game Design, Tech training, or experience in technology and related areas.
- Experience working in a classroom or team setting preferred.
- Willingness to perform all job duties with a zesty and upbeat attitude.
- Appreciation for teamwork and motivation to do your best!
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent active listening skills and patience are equally important for this job.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and so, we will make this process as simple and easy for you as possible. If you feel that this position is a great fit for you, send in your resume, answers to the above application questions, a cover letter and your contact details to email@example.com . We look forward to talking to you soon!