- Minimum 17 years of age or older.
- Engineering, STEM, Robotics or some sort of Tech working experience or related educational qualifications
- Some form of classroom or volunterring experience teaching Science, STEM, computer science fundamentals or programming languages such as Scratch, Lua, Java, or Python.
- Experience coaching Lego Robotics or coaching in local FLL competitions.
- Interest or experience in Game design/eSports/Minecraft.
- High school Diploma (Required)
- Preferred: Undergraduate degree in a STEM field or Undergraduate Student. Some teaching or volunteering experience.
- Tutoring/Teaching, Coaching, Mentorship Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Training & development experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Learning Technology (Experience with Google Classroom, Seesaw, Online LMS systems etc): 1 year (Preferred)
- Robotics or Esports Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer/Hardware or Programming or Digital Skills: 1 year (Required) – Must be tech savvy and able to troubleshoot and fix issues.
- Digital Marketing and Social Media Skills (some experience/exposure will be a boost)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills is a must.
- Ability to effectively engage and manage medium classroom sizes and children with various instructional needs including special needs from ages 6-14 is absolutely necessary.
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- Base pay: $20.00-18.00 per hour (salary will be calculated based on experience and qualifications).
- Commission/Referral pay for bringing new sign ups (5-10% of each signup) to Techie Factory Frisco location (not applicable to partnering schools) through active marketing campaigns or referrals at community events, schools, social media etc.
Do you have experience in technology, coding, robotics, game design, STEM or Esports? Do you love teaching or volunteering? Then, make the best of your evenings as a Techie Factory STEM, Robotics, Coding coach at our Frisco location and at our partner school locations in Allen/Frisco. You will interact, teach, supervise and learn together with kids (ages 6-15), and implement our after school enrichment programs in STEM, LEGO Robotics, coding, game design, digital art and animation, video creation and more. If you love spending time with kids and enjoy sharing your tech expertise in meaningful ways, apply today! Send in your resume, cover letter and credentials firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why should you coach at Techie Factory ?
As a Techie Factory instructor, you will
- Add teaching and leadership experience to your resume.
- Put your technical, computer science and digital skills to use.
- Earn extra income and make the most of your free time weekday evenings, weekends or holidays.
- Have exposure to our award-winning tech curriculum and pedagogy.
- Become a valued member of the TechieFactory Family.
- Have the opportunity to attend training programs and community events in STEAM, Coding & Esports Coaching.
Your responsibilities as a Techie Factory Coach will include the following:
- Be responsible for classroom setup, software, and hardware setup, sign-in and sign-out procedures, cleanup, and snack distribution for students.
- You will manage student rosters, class signups, parent communications and other program updates.
- Teach and coordinate after-school enrichment programs between 3:30 PM to 6:30 PM on weekdays and few weekends.
- Coach students and lead hands-on project work in the following topics – Lego Robotics /Lego Engineering, Coding (Scratch, Minecraft Lua), Minecraft Game Design, Video Design, Digital Art & Animation, Video Production, Digital Music Production, and more!
- Engage students in our Robotics, STEAM, Game design, and coding curriculum in a fun and engaging manner.
- Adapt the curriculum based on the child’s interests and track instructional goals to effectively engage learners.
- Maintain a structured, safe and healthy classroom environment.
- Understand Internet safety and safe behavior in the classroom. Encourage leadership and team building skills in the classroom.
- Execute fun STEAM experiments and projects within a short notice and make the overall learning experience interactive and positive.
- Apply out-of-the-box solutions to make the entire learning experience immersive and fun for all students.
- Help students complete their projects and provide extension or differentiation when required.
- Be a role model for your students, arrive on time every day with a positive, inclusive, professional, and upbeat attitude!
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
If you feel that this position is a great fit for you, send in your resume & cover letter to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.